Rolf-Ole Rydeng Jenssen will Tuesday May 11th at 12:15 publically defend his thesis for the PhD degree in Science.
Title of the thesis: «Radar System Development for Drone Borne Applications with Focus on Snowpack Parameters»
Popular scientific abstract:
A complete representation of the Arctic cryosphere has historically been restricted by its remoteness, large extent, and restrictions in measurement methods and equipment. This thesis presents the development of a small and lightweight radar-system developed for drone-mounted snow measurements. Rydeng Jenssen will Tuesday May 11th at 12:15 publically defend his thesis for the PhD degree in Science. The thesis is published in Munin.
- Professor Svein Ketil Jacobsen, Department of Physics and Technology, UiT (main supervisor)
- Professor Torbjørn Eltoft, Department of Physics and Technology, UiT
- Dr. Rune Storvold, Research Director, NORCE
- Professor Laurent Ferro-Famil, University of Rennes 1, France (1. Opponent)
- Dr. Jan Petter Pedersen, Vice President, Kongsberg Satellite Services (2. Opponent)
- Associate Professor Krishna Agarwal, Department of Physics and Technology, UiT (internal member and leader of the committee)
The internal member and the 1st opponent will participate remotely to the defence.
Leader of the public defense:
The leader of the public defense is Associate Professor Yngve Birkelund, Head of the Department of Physics and Technology, Faculty of Science and Technology, UiT.
Opposition ex auditorio:
If you have any questions for the candidate during the public defence, please send an e–mail to the leader of the public defence. They will announce the questions during the defence.
The trial lecture is held Tuesday May 11th at 10:15 digitally. Title of the trial lecture: «Deep learning and radar based remote sensing of snow».
The defense and trial lecture will be streamed via Mediasite.